1 ¼ cups heavy cream
1 cup chunky peanut butter, room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup (4 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 (17.5-ounce) package sugar cookie mix
1 cup pecans, toasted
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Makes: 36 servings
Takes: 1 Hour and 40 Minutes
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 24-cup, or two 12-cup, mini muffin tin(s).
2. Pulse cookie mix, pecans, and flour in food processor until pecans are finely ground. Transfer to large bowl and add butter, stirring until mixture resembles wet sand. Working with 1 rounded tablespoon dough mixture at a time, press dough into bottom and sides of each prepared muffin cup.
3. Bake until golden (this should be about 10 minutes).
4. Let shells cool in muffin tin(s) (for around 20 minutes).
5. Gently remove shells from muffin tin(s).
6. Repeat with remaining dough. Let shells cool completely.
7. Using stand mixer fitted with whisk, whip 1 cup cream on medium-high speed to stiff peaks (do this for about 2 minutes).
8. Transfer to bowl.
9. Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in now-empty mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth (for about 1 minute) and fold into whipped cream.
10. Microwave chocolate and remaining ¼ cup cream in small bowl at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth (this should be for about 1 minute).
11. Portion ½ teaspoon chocolate mixture into each cookie cup, then fill cups with 1 tablespoon peanut butter mixture.
12. Pipe remaining chocolate over peanut butter mixture and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour, before serving. (Cups can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
Source: The Perfect Cookie: Your Ultimate Guide to Foolproof Cookies, Brownies & Bars by the editors at America’s Test Kitchen.